- Open Visual C/C++ Version 6 or higher.
- Go to File > Open Workspace. Browse for app.dsw.
- The file type should be set to display Makefile [.mak] and upon doing so, the app.mak file appears. Open app.dsw. If you are asked whether the project should be converted to the verson of Visual C/C++ you are running, click Yes.
- Change to File View and select quickStart1 files.
- Right click on the quickStart1 files and "Set as Active Project."
(This should set the quickStart1 files in bold.)
- Click on quickStart1.c in the "Source Files" sub directory. Go to the Build menu and select Build quickStart1.exe.
- Make sure that there are no errors or warnings in the dialog box.
- Click the execute button and the program will now be carried out. At any time you can stop the motion by hitting any key.
- Open Motion Scope and you can view certain parameters by selecting the Trace button and adding the parameters you want to graph.